So, I have been thinking about how my life has been since we moved to Mexico and what is good and what is bad. Here is what I came up with:
- Life is so much calmer here even with all the gun fights.
- The food is AWESOME.
- Most of the people here are very nice.
- You usually have a store at most 2 houses down from you because, a lot of people have stores in their houses.
- The amusement areas are very cheap to get into.
- I absolutely cannot live without the bolitas de cajeta and Tostitos preparados con elote!!!
- Rent is cheap here.
- Last but, not least: My husband.
- Drug Cartels
- Most restaurants are nasty.
- A lot of women hate seeing an American with ¨their Mexican Men¨ so they try to cause problems!!! (These are the women who make Mexican women look so insecure.)
- The kids always want something from the store since it is so close.
- It seems to smell like sewage all the time. Yuck!!!
- It never rains and when it finally does, everything floods.
- Salaries are even cheaper than the rent.
- The heat, 110 humid degrees!!
So, this is what I came up with and well, I figure that I can deal with and come to love living in Mexico. I would love it even more if I had more money but, that is wishful thinking right now. If anybody can think of anything else feel free to add to list. Have a wonderful Sunday evening ladies and if you are anywhere near Monterrey, enjoy this wonderfully cool weather.