Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!!




Well, I am stuck between celebrating Mother's Day on MAy 10th or the second Sunday of May.  My decision, celebrate both!! (More gifts but next year!)

Here in Mexico, we (as in they) celebrated Mother's Day by having a discada (meat, bacon, hot dogs, and potatoes cooked in chorizo and sauce on a disc above an open fire DELICOUS!!) I mean they because, I had to work, my first day back after having a wisdom tooth removed on Tuesday. This was alos, my first day eating real food!

Photo courtesy of Wikicocinas

My food this week consisted of my version of fresh tomato soup (tomatoes boiled until the are just cooked a litle and blended in the blender with salt and pepper), mashed potatoes, and baked potato mashed with butter and sour cream.

So, Thursday was welcomed. I was starving by then and coulodn't think of eating another plate of mashed potatoes or tomato soup.  I caustiously ate the meat and hot dog chunks, careful not to chew on the wrong side.

Well, I didn't get a gift except for hugs and kisses form Miguel and the kids. We are broke this week. We will go out next Sunday for Mother's Day. Better late than never, right?


I called my mom and grandmother today to tell them Happy Mother's Day. I told them, I would take them shopping for something when I go to visit. That shipping costs were to expensive to send something form here.

My mother in law got a hug and a Happy Mother's Day wish. She will be going to eat with us next Sunday as will my father in law whose birthday was Tuesday.

We will either be going to Los Generales or Sirloin Stockade both are great buffet restaurants here in Monterrey. We have only been to Los Generales once and it was AMAZING!! I loved the food and the s ervice but, very expensive. We can only afford to go every few months. I want to go to Applebee's but, everybody says it is nasty and no where near as good as in the US.





Well, no news on the TTC front except for major pains! I am on Clomid and it causes my ovaries to swell up and painful ovulation. We are on cycle 2 and have 1 more cycle before the doctor decides on our next step.


The move is still on in 22 days!! Yayyyyyy!!!

BTW: This is my 100th post!!! Another thing for me to celebrate!!!



3 comments:

  1. Aww congrats!! That food looks really good, making me hungry for breakfast. Javi n I are waiting till I go back to take my seugros out for both mothers and fathers day, and also his birthday. Happy late mothers day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sirloin Stockade is our favorite here too in Puerto Vallarta. Such good food and a great price =) Have so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm! Your making me hungry. Happy (late) Mother's Day! Congrats on your 100th post!!

    ReplyDelete