Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Finally!!!!! It has cooled off but, is it here to stay?

Well, it has been very cool, the past few days. Sunday night it rained way too much but, that caused the temperature to drop about 7 degrees celsius. So, that was a benefit!!

The bad thing, though, was, we flooded!!!! we were upstairs watching Voz De Mexico (Justing Bieber was on ther and I have a 9 year old daughter ;)) Anyway, we were watching this show and Miguel got up for some reason and the floor was full of water. immediately, he asked the kids which one of them had spilled water. All said, It wasn't me! Of course, kids always say this so, we didn't believe them! We checked their glasses and neither had water or any other clear liquid so, no they didn't spill anything. Well, while inspecting the floor and cieling, I noticed a waterfall from my windows! Water was coming in around the window frame
, not just a little but, we had Niagara Falls from our window seals!!! Well, all we could do was clean it up and send an email to our landlord. Miguel went downstairs to get the mop and some old towels, he returned and told me that I didn't want to go downstairs! Well, that got me worried so, of course, I went down! My whole floor was covered in an inche of water!!!! Thank God, we haven't bought any sofas or anything like that for the downstairs!!! I looked outside and my yard was about a foot deep in water. we have a wall around the house, the only thing that didn't have that much water was the parking area. My poor dogs were cuddled in a corner and the chihuahua (the crybaby) was crying! Miguel swept what water he could out of the house and the yard and I mopped up the rest. We gave the dogs an old blanket in the farthest corner so, it wouldn't get wet. That made them VERY happy, you see, our dogs are spoiled, they used to each have a bed but, Chata, the pitbull, decided she was going to use them as a chew toy! She uses everything as a chew toy, even my car!!!!

Now, it is 27 degrees celsius, I think around 75 degrees farenhiet (spelling?) but, that is warm compared to the last few days! We had the perfect excuse for hot chocolate!!!!! We have officially went through 2 gallons of milk since Monday!!!

I so hope it doesn't get hot again but, everybody says it will. I can only pray that this year is the exception as it has been all summer. Everybody tells me it is never as hot as it was this year. All summer it never went below 40 degrees celsius, except at night then it dropped to 33 more or less.

I haven't had anything to post, life has been boring but, good. This past weekend, I decided I needed some new clothes for work so, I went shopping!!!!! Yayyyyyy!!! This is something, I haven't done since December of last year!!! We went to my mother in law's twice this weekend!!!! RRRR!!!! But, it was ok. then we went to the mall and spent a day like when we were in the US. We went looking in all the stores and shopped, had Starbucks, watched a clown show, and ended the day with Peter Piper Pizza (Monterrey's version of Chucky Cheese but, not as good and more expensive). The only difference was, when we left we had to pay 48 pesos for parking!!!! I couldn't believe that, we had to pay to park in the mall parking lot and there are NO security gaurds at all outside!!! Or, atleast, I didn't see any. I found a store here that is sort of like Kohl's in the US, it is called Suburbia, they only need Apt. 9, Candies, and Tony Hawk brands. Oh, and closed pointed toe heels with heels that are not stripper hieght!!! LOL I have yet to see why a culture that is so reserved sells mostly stripper heels and boots!!! I still cannot find business style heels, all are sandle like and have atleast a 1/2 inch platform with 5-7 inch heel!!! Who can work in those, other than a stripper? I wouldn't think they are appropiate for business. I don't know, maybe people here think differently, who knows? I guess, I will keep looking until, I have time and money to go to the US.

Enjoy your Tuesday everyone!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Yup, stripper boots and 6 inch heels are about all that you see here. And who can walk around in Monterrey with those? I was always surprised to see women tottering around in Santa Catarina, up a mountain, wearing those shoes. Sounds like life is pretty good! Get your canoe - can you believe how fast it floods there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have noticed how the clothes and shoes here are not even close to conservative also. The thing that really bothers not only me but javi too is that there is "bling" on every single item. I can not buy a regular pair of jeans, a plain shirt or even a hat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With all this rain I do hope you guys didn't get flooded to badly. It sucks that we while we relish the break from the heat we have to suffer with leaking everything. Can never win.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took a photo (but never published for obvious reasons) of one of the mother's dropping kids off at school. Yup, many wear those stripper heals at 7 AM dropping off kids to school.

    My friend Lindy told me that when they look for a house in Reynosa, they talk to the neighbors first to see if it floods in that area.

    ReplyDelete