Sunday, February 26, 2012

Update on the TTC, with Dr info included

Hi everyone,
       Well, I had the HSG test done Saturday morning. For thos who don't know what that is, it is a test that checks to see if the uterus is normal and the fallopian tubes are open. They do this by injecting an iodine solution into the uterus. First, they put a speculum in like your having a pap smear done. Then, they put a tiny tube in through the cervix that has a small balloon at the end. They inflate the balloon to open the cervix about a centimeter. Afetr that, they inject the solution through the tube until it fills the uterus and goes through the fallopian tubes. 

Side effects I had from the HSG are: Nausea, cramps, hot flashes, chills, and dizziness. I haven;'t been able to eat a full meal since, I ate a chicken sandwich and fries an hour after but, immediately got sick. These symptoms last a few days, I have heard.

We already know, my tubes are blocked. After all, I had a tubal ligation. My Dr said that, she wanted me to do this test so, she can see where my tubes were tied. She said that there are different procedures depending on how close to the uterus the tubes were tied or burnt.

Anyway, I go tomorrow to the hospital to get my results from the hospital and to take them to my Dr. At this appointment, she will check my cervix to ensure no infection and that it closed alright and we will set the date for surgery. Her secretary said that I should be able to get it for this week.

The Dr said that we will be clear to start TTC in April. She said, the quickest we get preggers, the best. After a year of TTC post tubal reversal the possibilities of conception drasticly drops.

My awesome Dr's info is: Doctora Marisela Castañeda Diaz. Her phone number is 818-140-9005 to call from the States, you would dial 01152 first.

I will post more about my surgery tomorrow after my appointment.

4 comments:

  1. Ill keep my fingers and toes crossed for the next couple months that everything goes smoothly and you guys can start TTC in April! Hope your symptoms subside soon mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that fingers and toes!! Thank you! I hope you get better, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying for you. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting. Sending good vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete